Transfer Driver, Grandfather and agriculture expert
- Spends most of his days ferrying guests back and forth between Lusaka and the lodge
- But has spent most of his working life as a commercial farm manager, making use of his 3 diplomas in agriculture, marketing and wildlife forest conservation
- Comes from Chipata and has worked at Mukambi since 2013
- Was the assistant manager for The Chongwe River Camp in the Lower Zambezi National Park
- Spends his spare time reading wildlife books and studying hard for his guiding licence as he has a passion for wildlife
- He has 4 grown children, one of which lived many years in Russia where he qualified as an ecologist
Front of House
- Purity has been with Mukambi since 2012 and likes to drive the boat across the river taking guests to the harbour
- She values education above everything else and even went back to school in 2008 to finish her studies
- She has 2 children and loves shopping in Mumbwa
- Not only is she a trained masseuse, but hopes to one day set up a Mukambi spa with professional massage service
- She is also called upon often to braid her friends hair in her spare time
- She once mistook Impala for Lions and ran for her life
Head of HR and Guiding Dept
- Victor has been at Mukambi since it was built over 25 years ago
- Victor always puts guests safety first and enjoys providing in-house training to the various teams
- He qualified as a guide in 1994 and has spent many years guiding thousands of guests around the Kafue NP
- A keen photographer, Victor spends his spare time out in the bush with his Canon 40D or fishing on the river
- His love of the bush started at 5 years old as a member of the Chongololo wildlife club in his village
Reservations Manager and Resident DJ
- A member of the Mukambi management team, Ntanga arrived in 2014
- A keen sportsman, Ntanga played for both the Zambian and Botswanan rugby clubs and enjoyed fame playing on national TV
- A music lover, he also enjoys partying behind the music decks as a DJ in his spare time
- He was born in Zambia, but has spent the majority of his life living in the bush in Botswana
- He speaks 3 languages: English, Nyanja and Setswana
- Loves cooking – particularly savoury snacks and Asian cuisine
- Ntanga is a keen traveller and would one day like to visit The Himalayas, but top of his bucket list, is a trip into space with his brother, David
- He is an avid collector of Airforce Nike shoes!
Head barman, waiter, head of department and team joker
- Brian enjoys being the referee for local football matches and is a devoted Manchester City supporter.
- He is a very good swimmer and at the age of 15, he saved a friend from drowning in the river.
- A keen birder, Brian loves the humble Namaqua Dove and loves taking a boat out on the river to go birding.
- Best thing about the Kafue NP is the abundance of bird and animal species.
- He can speak 7 different languages.
Waitress and “Supermum”
- Mary has worked at Mukambi since 2009 and joined at the same time as Chipo.
- As well as looking after her own 5 children Mary looks after 3 additional orphaned children!
- Mary likes to join her friends fishing for Bream in the river when she gets time off
- Mary is happiest when she is collecting firewood in the quiet of the bush and building fires to fry fish
Waitress at Mukambi since 2009
- Married with a baby daughter called “Hope”
- Also surrogate mother to 3 orphaned children from her wider family
- Chipo enjoys reading magazines and novels by West African authors
- The best thing about living in the bush for Chipo is the peace and quiet; being able to listen to the sounds of the birds and animals
- Chipo would like to some day travel to America
- Her colleagues describe her as incapable of arguing and friendly to everyone she meets
Waitress, wife and mother
- Naomi loves to fish with her friends in her spare time; for Bream which she likes to fry until they are nice and crunchy
- She is very afraid of crocodiles which she keeps a good look out for when fishing!
- She enjoys singing gospel songs in the SDA church choir
- Naomi thinks that the best thing about the bush is the fresh air that surrounds us
- One day she would love to visit South Africa
- Her colleagues describe her as very hard-working and never holds a grudge
Waitress, fundraiser and church singer
- Loveness has been with Mukambi since 2013
- She is married to one of our Mukambi Community School teachers
- Her children, Salome and Timothy both attend the school and one day, baby Faith will follow
- She has relatives in Angola and would one day love to visit Botswana or Zimbabwe
- She is impressed by the difference that schooling has made in the local community in recent years and assists with the fundraising activities to continue this progress
- She loves to spend time praying and teaching her children new songs
Waiter, winning fisherman and newest arrival
- Derrick was born in South Africa to a South African Mother and Zambian Father
- He comes from Siavonga in the Southern Province where he has a wife and children
- He has worked many years in the bush on the Lower Zambezi and Lake Kariba
- Derrick once won first prize in a fishing competition in Mongu with a very large Tiger fish
- Plays football for the Mukambi team
- Loves cooking, particularly local Zambian food
- His goal is to empower his children to succeed in life and is currently saving to build houses on his 3 plots of land in his home town