Transfer Driver, Grandfather and agriculture expert
- Spends most of his days ferrying guests back and forth between Lusaka and the lodge
- But has spent most of his working life as a commercial farm manager, making use of his 3 diplomas in agriculture, marketing and wildlife forest conservation
- Comes from Chipata and has worked at Mukambi since 2013
- Was the assistant manager for The Chongwe River Camp in the Lower Zambezi National Park
- Spends his spare time reading wildlife books and studying hard for his guiding licence as he has a passion for wildlife
- He has 4 grown children, one of which lived many years in Russia where he qualified as an ecologist
Head of HR and Guiding Dept
- Victor has been at Mukambi since it was built over 25 years ago
- Victor always puts guests safety first and enjoys providing in-house training to the various teams
- He qualified as a guide in 1994 and has spent many years guiding thousands of guests around the Kafue NP
- A keen photographer, Victor spends his spare time out in the bush with his Canon 40D or fishing on the river
- His love of the bush started at 5 years old as a member of the Chongololo wildlife club in his village
Reservations Manager and Resident DJ
- A member of the Mukambi management team, Ntanga arrived in 2014
- A keen sportsman, Ntanga played for both the Zambian and Botswanan rugby clubs and enjoyed fame playing on national TV
- A music lover, he also enjoys partying behind the music decks as a DJ in his spare time
- He was born in Zambia, but has spent the majority of his life living in the bush in Botswana
- He speaks 3 languages: English, Nyanja and Setswana
- Loves cooking – particularly savoury snacks and Asian cuisine
- Ntanga is a keen traveller and would one day like to visit The Himalayas, but top of his bucket list, is a trip into space with his brother, David
- He is an avid collector of Airforce Nike shoes!
Head barman, waiter, head of department and team joker
- Brian enjoys being the referee for local football matches and is a devoted Manchester City supporter.
- He is a very good swimmer and at the age of 15, he saved a friend from drowning in the river.
- A keen birder, Brian loves the humble Namaqua Dove and loves taking a boat out on the river to go birding.
- Best thing about the Kafue NP is the abundance of bird and animal species.
- He can speak 7 different languages.
Waitress at Mukambi since 2009
- Married with a baby daughter called “Hope”
- Also surrogate mother to 3 orphaned children from her wider family
- Chipo enjoys reading magazines and novels by West African authors
- The best thing about living in the bush for Chipo is the peace and quiet; being able to listen to the sounds of the birds and animals
- Chipo would like to some day travel to America
- Her colleagues describe her as incapable of arguing and friendly to everyone she meets
Waitress, wife and mother
- Naomi loves to fish with her friends in her spare time; for Bream which she likes to fry until they are nice and crunchy
- She is very afraid of crocodiles which she keeps a good look out for when fishing!
- She enjoys singing gospel songs in the SDA church choir
- Naomi thinks that the best thing about the bush is the fresh air that surrounds us
- One day she would love to visit South Africa
- Her colleagues describe her as very hard-working and never holds a grudge
Waitress, fundraiser and church singer
- Loveness has been with Mukambi since 2013
- She is married to one of our Mukambi Community School teachers
- Her children, Salome and Timothy both attend the school and one day, baby Faith will follow
- She has relatives in Angola and would one day love to visit Botswana or Zimbabwe
- She is impressed by the difference that schooling has made in the local community in recent years and assists with the fundraising activities to continue this progress
- She loves to spend time praying and teaching her children new songs
Waiter, winning fisherman and newest arrival
- Derrick was born in South Africa to a South African Mother and Zambian Father
- He comes from Siavonga in the Southern Province where he has a wife and children
- He has worked many years in the bush on the Lower Zambezi and Lake Kariba
- Derrick once won first prize in a fishing competition in Mongu with a very large Tiger fish
- Plays football for the Mukambi team
- Loves cooking, particularly local Zambian food
- His goal is to empower his children to succeed in life and is currently saving to build houses on his 3 plots of land in his home town
School Chairman and Lodge Security Guard
- Clifford works nights at Mukambi taking guests safely back and forth to their rooms and patrolling the grounds throughout the night.
- As well as being a football player, Man Utd fan, and singer in the church choir, Clifford is also chairman of the Mukambi school board.
- A keen herbalist, with an interest in medicine, he once worked in a hospital laboratory testing specimens for diseases for the Luampa Mission.
- Clifford is married to Harriet and has 3 daughters. He speaks 8 languages.
- Originally from Kaomo district, Friday speaks 5 languages, and is married with 6 children.
- After working in Lusaka he came to Mukambi to be one of our trusted night watchman.
- He loves cooking, driving and farming vegetables.
- Being a huge fan of Bruce Lee, Friday would one day like to visit China and make some new friends there.
Guide, Fig Tree Camp Manager, Digital Marketeer…
- Joanne grew up on a dairy farm in the heart of the English countryside where she still owns a small piece of protected woodland
- She first came to Africa in 1995 when she toured Zimbabwe for 5 weeks with her friend, a tent and a portable gas stove, in an old Datsun Sunny
- After 25 years as a software systems consultant the call of the bush became too much and she enrolled in a guiding course with EcoTraining in South Africa
- She has climbed Machu Pichu, dived the Great Barrier Reef, driven 11,000kms around the coast of Europe and worked on a cattle ranch in Australia
- She is a deadly shot with a bolt action rifle and a qualified wilderness first aider
Maggie aka “Batman”
Administrator, 4×4 champion, and Office “DJ”
- Born in Zambia, to South African and Zambian parents, Maggie speaks English, Afrikaans and Nyanja.
- Although she loves Scotland, even lived there for a while, she cannot wait to visit Italy and the Lamborghini factory there.
- Maggie and her brother, Willem, collectively have more than a dozen lions at their home farm just outside Lusaka.
- Fascinated by tattoos and body modifications, Maggie attended formal training in body piercing in the UK.